Providing the best possible care for your baby begins with a product you can trust. The DOC Band is the only custom cranial helmet with nearly 35 years of documented outcomes. It’s been used to safely and successfully treat more than 175,000 babies with moderate to severe plagiocephaly.
Each DOC Band is custom made using our state-of-the-art technology and one-of-a-kind manufacturing process to ensure it delivers the best possible outcome for your baby.
How does the DOC Band work?
The DOC Band applies custom corrective pressure to redirect your baby’s natural head growth into a normal head shape. The band is worn 23 hours a day, every day, and can achieve visible improvement in as little as two weeks. Over the course of treatment, our clinicians will make regular adjustments to the band to direct head growth and keep your baby on track for optimal results.
How is the DOC Band different from other cranial helmets?
- The DOC Band is the first-ever FDA-cleared cranial orthotic for the treatment of plagiocephaly.
- The DOC Band is the only device with clinical studies proving its safety and efficiency.
- The DOC Band is the only product proven to correct both cranial vault (upper head) and skull base (ear and face) abnormalities.
- Our treatment protocols are based on 25+ years of exceptional results and are supported by experts whose sole focus is plagiocephaly treatment.
- Our exclusive, patented computer program calculates the proper corrective forces and optimal growth for your baby’s band.
- Unlike passive therapy devices, the DOC Band applies active corrective pressure to reshape your baby’s head, which often leads to visible improvement in the first two weeks!
How long will my baby have to wear the band?
How long treatment lasts will depend on your baby’s age and the severity of the condition. Starting treatment between the ages of 4 and 6 months (a period of rapid head growth) has been shown to reduce overall treatment time, though noticeable improvement can be achieved using the band up to 18 months of age. Most treatment times are between 6 weeks and 4 months.
Cranial Technologies believes each child is unique and, unlike some other providers, we do not have a one band guarantee. So, if your baby would benefit from a second band, Cranial Technologies will recommend it. In practice, we find that only about 15%-18% of babies continue treatment with a second band. For babies getting a second band, the overall treatment time is extended by 6 weeks to 4 months.
How will my baby adjust to wearing the DOC Band?
Because the DOC Band is lightweight and custom-fit, there’s little to no adjustment period for most babies.
Our One-of-a-Kind Manufacturing Process
Each DOC Band is unique and requires hours of individual assessment, customized design and detailed inspection before it reaches your baby. As the inventor and sole manufacturer of the DOC Band, we take great pride in making sure it meets the highest quality standards.
The DOC Band is custom manufactured at our state-of-the-art facility in Tempe, Arizona. Our manufacturing team is made up of highly talented individuals with both technical (engineering, computer design, machining) and artisan (sculpture, ironwork, fine arts) backgrounds. During the manufacturing process, no less than nine team members will be directly involved in creating your baby’s band.
Unlike other orthotic companies, our manufacturing center is dedicated to producing one product: the DOC Band. We developed the process ourselves, and our Research and Development team is continually refining it. Our entire process is governed by an FDA-compliant Quality System.
- Our advanced Digital Surface Imaging® system captures highly accurate 3D images that are used to create a custom, precision-fit band.
- Our Sentient3D® and Trims3D® software applications, developed based on tens of thousands of plagiocephaly cases, calculate the proper corrective forces and unique product design that each baby requires for optimal results.
- Each DOC Band undergoes a rigorous 28-point quality inspection after production to ensure it meets our standards.